How Much is IVF Treatment in Turkey?
Turkey is becoming more popular as an international IVF treatment destination. There are approximately 140 IVF clinics in Turkey. The inexpensive cost and exotic setting make it an attractive place for fertility treatment. Unlike the other nations, Turkey’s regulations prohibit the donation of eggs, sperm, or embryos. As a result, the country’s law only permits IVF using one’s own eggs and sperm. While this may appear to be a constraint, the cost of IVF treatment in Turkey can be half that of the UK, making Turkey an IVF location to consider.
Because Turkey is not a member of the European Union, fertility clinics in Turkey are not subject to the EU Tissues and Cells Directive. However, these clinics follow government regulations regarding IVF treatment. A visa is necessary for the majority of UK travelers to enter Turkey. It is simple to obtain, costs around £20, and is valid for three months. Similar visa restrictions apply to travelers from other countries, such as the United States.
Turkey’s IVF Laws
In comparison to other European nations, the law in Turkey is fairly rigorous in terms of who can get the treatment. Surrogacy, as well as egg, sperm, and embryo donation therapies, are severely illegal in Turkey. It’s against the law to treat single women and lesbian couples. However, a married couple can use their own eggs and sperm to get IVF treatment in Turkey. Furthermore, the law permits PGS and PGD therapies. So, let’s deep dive into the Turkish laws:
- Prohibition on the donation of eggs, sperm, or embryos.
- Prohibition on Surrogacy.
- Only married couples can get the treatment.
- Prohibition on the treatment of single women and lesbian couples
- PGD and PGS are permitted. However, sex selection for nonmedical purposes is not.
- There is no legal age limit for treatment, but because only a woman’s own eggs can be used in treatment, many clinics will not handle women above the age of 46.
- The preservation time of Embryos can be for ten years. However, couples must notify the clinic of their preservation intentions on an annual basis.
- There are restrictions on the number of embryos that can be transferred:
- For the first and second cycles, women under the age of 35 can only have one embryo transferred. The third cycle allows for the transfer of two embryos.
- Women above the age of 35 are permitted to have two embryos.
IVF Treatment in Turkey: Safety and Quality
The Ministry of Health inspects IVF centers in Turkey every six months using a checklist. They examine the equipment, personnel, physical surroundings, and records. If they are fit to practice, the Ministry of Health issues them a license. The Ministry of Health receives IVF success rates, but the public does not have access to this information.
In Turkey, how much does it cost to freeze your eggs?
In Turkey, egg freezing is only permitted under the following conditions:
-Women with reduced ovarian reserve
-Women with a family history of early ovarian failure
When it comes to the cost of IVF in Turkey, the average cost of free eggs is €500, including storage charges. Also, In Turkey, the average cost of IVF therapy is $2,500.
What should you look for while selecting the Best IVF clinics in Turkey?
IVF treatment entails a number of medical and surgical procedures, but it is not always successful. Both couples may experience distress during the treatment. Researching and familiarizing yourself with the entire IVF process is good to start, but picking the proper clinic is also important. The hospital or clinic you choose for your treatment can influence your chances of success. Choosing a hospital that meets your needs and budget is essential.
Turkey is home to the best IVF clinics, serving domestic and international patients. Here are some considerations to make while choosing a hospital or clinic:
- The IVF center’s clinical outcomes include information about the number of successful IVF procedures the hospital performs each year.
- Accreditations and affiliations of the hospital or clinic with reputable national and international organizations, such as Joint Commission International (JCI)
- A variety of infertility treatment treatments and assisted reproductive technologies are available.
- The most recent advances in IVF technology can help boost the likelihood of a successful pregnancy.
- The highly experienced IVF doctors in Turkey, with years of vast experience and skill in numerous approaches.
- Staff with experience and training in embryology labs
- Cost and location of IVF in Turkey
It is essential to find one of the best IVF clinics in Turkey that helps in the procedure overall. If you want to get all information about the top treatment centers, packages, and doctor’s experience, Lyfboat is your ultimate destination. The world’s most trustworthy medical advisory and discount platform, it makes your search for the best doctors, procedures, and costs, a cakewalk. To read more about our health blogs, please visit our website.