What eye conditions does LASIK treat? Who is eligible for LASIK?
The eye is a significant and vital part of the human body. That is why taking utmost care becomes necessary. It helps us see this wonderful world. But from the last decade, overuse of technology such as laptops, mobile phones, TV, tablets, etc., has heavily affected our vision. Due to the habit of spending a lot of time in front of digital screens, many people have developed eye-sightedness from a young age. But there are effective treatments available such as LASIK. Visit a famous Eye Hospital In Punjab and consult your problem with a good doctor.
LASIK (Laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis)
In LASIK surgery, doctors use a special cutting laser to change the shape of dome-shaped tissue with precision and this tissue is present at the front of your cornea. And it is permanent. It permanently improves the vision prescription. However, some eye disorders like presbyopia can affect the effectiveness of LASIK surgery. If you have any eye disorder, such as myopia or hyperopia, or any other severe condition, then it is best if you get a consultation from a well-known lasik surgeon in Punjab.
What Eye Disorders LASIK Cure?
LASIK Cures the following conditions such as:
- If you face difficulties viewing near-placed objects, your eye has near-sightedness, also known as myopia.
- If you face difficulties viewing distant-placed objects, your eye has far-sightedness, also known as hyperopia.
- There is also a third condition rarer than the above two, known as Astigmatism, in which a person faces difficulties viewing both distant- and near-placed objects.
However, the person suffering from any of the above three conditions can wear glasses or contact lenses. But LASIK is quite an effective and quick procedure. It usually takes 30 minutes. Also, LASIK is a minimally invasive surgery which means that your eye can recover fast.
Eligibility For LASIK Surgery:
- Your vision needs to be stable. If your vision changed in the last six months to one year (the time frame varies depending upon the person’s health conditions), then you are not eligible for LASIK surgery.
- Your immune system is an important factor because the healing of the eye highly depends upon it after the surgery. If you are immunocompromised, it is best not to undergo any surgical procedure as it may threaten your health.
- If you have eye disorders such as keratoconus, progressive vision deterioration, ocular infections such as uveitis, herpes simplex, and dry eyes. As it can cause problems after the surgery, doctors may recommend not to have LASIK surgery.
Now, you know the answers to the question such as should you go for this surgery or are you eligible for this surgery?
Many people often avoid wearing glasses or contact lenses all the time. And when your condition is severe, you have to wear these for a long time. Even after wearing it for years, it does not guarantee a vision cure, but LASIK does. If you still need clarification about your eligibility for LASIK surgery or in case you have made your decision to go for this surgery, then visit Mitra Eye Hospital & Lasik Laser Centre and consult with well-known doctors.